I love headgear and I love art. I have always been captivated by Mexican art. Perhaps it was all those years in Texas.
Last week someone published an article (I can’t find the original now but will keep looking) featuring professional American football helmets on display in Mexico City that had been re-imagined by local artists.
This helmet art fest was organized to celebrate the game to be contested in Mexico City by the Oakland Raiders and the Houston Texans.
All teams are represented so there are 32 altogether. They are indeed works of art. Which are your favorites? I’ll give you my top ten at the end of the post. Wonder if we will love the same ones.
VIVIAN’S TOP TEN
I love these purely as works of art. Some capture the spirit of the teams and where they are from and some, not so much.
1. Philadelphia Eagles. I live for this design. It has it all.
2. Denver Broncos. Beautiful, beautiful imagery.
3. New Orleans Saints. This just dances. Makes me feel happy. So NOLA.
4. Baltimore Ravens. Incredible. Total captures “Nevermore”.
5. New York Jets. This is the style of Mexican art I fell in love with.
6. Cincinnati Bengals. Love the movement, excitement.
7. Carolina Panthers. I want to wear this. I want to see Cam wear this.
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Evocative. Represents.
9. Jacksonville Jaguars. Simple. Powerful. Almost throbs.
10. Cleveland Browns. Love the painterly effect. Beautifully balanced and mixed.
Arizona Cardinals. They should use this helmet design. Perfect fit.
Detroit Lions. Ditto above. I can see Golden Tate styling this.
Los Angeles Rams. Reminds me of Rams fans when they were in St. Louis. Smile.
Dallas Cowboys. Reminds me of some of the guys who used to hang out at the Brazos River Bottom in Houston. What fun we had.